Contact Us | (123) 456-7891

Forum

HomeHomePLC ProgrammingPLC ProgrammingAllen BradleyAllen BradleyFree RSLogix SoftwareFree RSLogix Software
Previous

Next
New Post
6/2/2011 10:35 AM

Hello I'm new.

I installed the Emulate 500 and noticed that it wasnt recognized as a node in Linx until I opened a .RSS file through the emulator first, and only then could I go online with it. Is there a way to start emulate 500 without a pre-existing .RSS file and start from scratch with RSLogix 500?

New Post
6/3/2011 11:46 AM

I'm not sure I understand the point.  The emulator simulates a processor running a PLC program.  If there is no PLC program, then there is nothing to emulate.  Since you cant do online programming with the emulator, then there is really no reason for it to run without a program being first created.  Maybe I am misunderstanding your question?

New Post
6/3/2011 7:06 PM

Sorry, this is my first time using the emulator.

I started RSLogix 500

In Linx I created a driver for the Emulator (EMU500-1, DH-485).

I started the Emulator.

Then File - New - selected 5/03 8k processor - selected EMU500-1 driver - selected node 2 for processor.

In I/O Config - selected one 16 pt input module and one 16 pt output module.

Then entered one rung of logic with one input and one output and verified file and project, then saved.

Then Comms - System Comms - and the emulator does not show up under the Emulator driver communications tree, preventing me from downloading.

To remedy this, from the Emulator menu, I opened the logic file I had just saved and then the emulator was discovered by the driver.

I just wasn't aware that I had to open the .rss file from the emulator menu before it could be discovered in Linx or system comms.

New Post
7/23/2013 4:34 PM

Hi,

This is just for Offline not Online.

Thanks

New Post
7/23/2013 6:41 PM

No the RSLogix500 Micro Lite version will go online with the Micrologix 1000 and 1100.  There are also I/O restrictions.  In addition to the RSLogix500 software you will need to get RSLinx lite.  You can also go online with the emulator via RSLinx, but you cannot make online edits with RSEmulate.

Previous

Next
HomeHomePLC ProgrammingPLC ProgrammingAllen BradleyAllen BradleyFree RSLogix SoftwareFree RSLogix Software