Forum

HomeHomePLC ProgrammingPLC ProgrammingAllen BradleyAllen BradleyMsg instruction is Rslogix 500Msg instruction is Rslogix 500
Previous

Next
New Post
5/13/2018 10:25 PM

Hi all, I am new to plc programming. i have two AB PLCs connected via ethernet. Now I want the input of one plc to control the output of second plc. i know i have to use the msg instruction for this. can anybody guide me how to do that. just a simple input output function.

For plc 1 i have ladder lagic i am saving the input into integer and then giving that integer to msg instruction and the setup screen of msg instruction is set as for "THIS CONTROLLER"  channel 1(integral), communication command: PLC write, Data Table Address: N10:60, Size in element 50

for "TARGET DEVICE"  Data Table Address: N10:0, Routing Information:RI40:0 and in MultiHop tab the address of target plc given.

Now for ladder logic 2 i have a integer bit as an input to msg instruction and message setup screen for this one is as follow

for "THIS CONTROLLER" Channel 1(integral), Communication command PLC5 read, Data table address N10:20, Size in element:1, 

for "TARGET DEViCE"  Data table address: N10:40, Routing information: RI40:40 adn in multihop tab the address of target device is the ip address of plc1.

then in second rung of ladder logic 2 i am using N10:20 to fire the output.

i know there is alot wrong in this logic but i am new so trying my best. tried searching online for any example of msg instruction in rslogix 500 for connecting two AB plcs but all in vain.

Thank you

Previous

Next
HomeHomePLC ProgrammingPLC ProgrammingAllen BradleyAllen BradleyMsg instruction is Rslogix 500Msg instruction is Rslogix 500