Forum

HomeHomePLC ProgrammingPLC ProgrammingAllen BradleyAllen BradleyConnection path for allen-bradley compactlogixConnection path for allen-bradley compactlogix
Previous

Next
New Post
2/20/2019 8:27 AM

I'm having trouble connecting to a compactlogix 1769-L32E through a network address translation device:

http://ab.rockwellautomation.com/Networks-and-Communications/Network-Address-Translation-Device 38

I'm trying to connect to ignition like in the user manual in the section "Allen Bradley Connection Paths Explained. I have tried a number of different connection paths. My Allen Bradley rep sent me the following:

"The MSG path for the new CompactLogix 5370 Controllers has been simplified compared to the L23E, L32E, and L35E CompactLogix controllers. To specify the Ethernet port on the L23E, L32E and L35E CompactLogix controllers a 1, 1, 2 needed to be entered in the beginning portion of the MSG path (this would then be displayed as a LocalENB, 2). When using the new CompactLogix 5370 Controllers all that needs to be specified is a 2 at the start followed by the remaining target's path. An example of a valid MSG path to a MicroLogix 1400 (with an IP address of 192.168.1.1), directly connected, would simply be 2, 192.168.1.1. When the new CompactLogix 5370 Controller is the target in the MSG path then the last element of the path is the IP address of the CompactLogix 5370 Controller. There is no need to add the “, 1, 0” at the end of the path to specify the controller as with the L4x/L4xS/L3x/L2x controllers. If a project is converted from an L23E, L32E or L35E CompactLogix to the new CompactLogix 5370 Controllers all Ethernet MSG paths will need to be modified to reflect this change or else the MSG’s will error out."

I have tried 1,1,2 & 1,1,2,192.168.200.130 among many others but nothing seems to work.

Would anyone be able to tell me what the right connection path would be?

Previous

Next
HomeHomePLC ProgrammingPLC ProgrammingAllen BradleyAllen BradleyConnection path for allen-bradley compactlogixConnection path for allen-bradley compactlogix