Forum

HomeHomeSCADA Configura...SCADA Configura...General SCADA Q...General SCADA Q...SCADA for power distribution sectorSCADA for power distribution sector
Previous

Next
New Post
2/3/2015 9:24 AM

Hi,

there are many SCADA solutions available, however I would like to know if there are special SCADA solutions specially designed for Power Distribution sector. most of the available SCADA solutions are general purpose aiming on plant/floor automation etc.

Special features looking in power distribution sector can be such as load flow analysis base on real time data, fault locating, dynamic mapping based on the information received from field devices etc.

further, we encounter difficulties when adopting general purpose SCADA system with power sector. here we have to represent power distribution network with available tools. however this is very challenging and difficult to represent a large distribution network using conventional tools available with most SCADA solutions and to represent their dynamic behavior (like real-time voltage drop, conductor loading etc.).

Any thoughts on this

New Post
2/4/2015 8:11 AM

I dont know of any SCADA packages targeting Power Distribution; however, I dont really see that the existing packages target the plant floor either. Generally most SCADA packages are designed to be flexible to allow the user to develop applications as required.  I can see where some MES functions such as SPC and OEE analysis could be attributed more to the plant floor rather than power distribution.  It sounds to me like many of the features you are after would be better served by specialized stand alone packages.  Now you may find that some of these specialized packages have data connectivity such that they could be integrated into an existing SCADA package.  Finally I think you are attributing functions to the SCADA system that are generally better suited to be performed in something with a real time processor.  I would suggest taking some time to check out the Ignition product by Inductive Automation.  It has very good database connectivity which may allow you to interface with data from other packages and integrate them together to perform the tasks you need. 

New Post
6/29/2016 12:15 AM

Hi, 

I have just read an article about eligible SCADA for Power Distribution. Try it https://www.integraxor.com/success-stories/mhb-power-distribution-network-system/

Goodluck.

New Post
2/21/2018 3:08 AM

Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) is an industrial control system which is used in many modern industries like energy, manufacturing, power, water transportation, etc. SCADA systems organize multiple technologies that allows to process, gather and monitor data at the same time to send instructions to those points that transmit data. In today’s world, almost anywhere you can observe SCADA system, whether it’s a waste water treatment plant, supermarkets, industries or even in your home.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeSCADA Configura...SCADA Configura...General SCADA Q...General SCADA Q...SCADA for power distribution sectorSCADA for power distribution sector