Forum

HomeHomePLC ProgrammingPLC ProgrammingTips, Tricks an...Tips, Tricks an...Gotcha - Unable to open controller tags and subroutines in RSLogix 5000Gotcha - Unable to open controller tags and subroutines in RSLogix 5000
Previous

Next
New Post
12/31/2008 6:12 AM

When programming with the RSLogix 5000 software you can run into trouble opening the controller tags and subroutines when using dual monitors (extended display). I was setup with a laptop (primary display) and an external monitor (secondary display) with the RSLogix5K on the secondary display. I was not able to open the controller tags or subroutines by double clicking on the items. When using the right click the only choice shown was ‘Hide’ and all other selections normally shown were not visible. To fix this problem the RSLogix 5000 window must be kept in the primary display.

New Post
12/26/2018 2:57 PM

So I had this problem as well. I just got off the phone with Rockwell's tech connect. So the way to resolve this problem if you are using Windows 7. Go to your screen resolution menu by right clicking the desktop. When you are there you should see both of the displays. Ensure the primary display is set on the left side of the secondary display. Once you have that arrangement click apply. Go open your 5000 software, and test.

Previous

Next
HomeHomePLC ProgrammingPLC ProgrammingTips, Tricks an...Tips, Tricks an...Gotcha - Unable to open controller tags and subroutines in RSLogix 5000Gotcha - Unable to open controller tags and subroutines in RSLogix 5000